ABOUT THE TUNA CUP CHALLENGE
Tuna Cup Challenge 2022 Update
Welcome to the new 2022 Tuna Cup Challenge, September 21st -24th! The board of directors are implementing some major changes this year. In an effort to not only “raise the bar” of the tournament, but to drive worldwide excitement of chasing giant bluefin tuna in Eastern PEI.
Tuna Cup 2022 is excited to be introducing the following changes
● A maximum of 10 teams this year, as we try out the new format.
● Increased entry fee for participating teams.
● Each captain donates a commercial tag in lieu of a fee (in accordance with ICCAT regulations).
● Catch and retain this year (one fish), with a grand cash prize for the heaviest fish caught.
● After the first fish is caught, teams will fish catch and release for the remaining days of the tournament. The trophy goes to the team with the most points.
● The catch and retain fish will be sold off with the proceeds being donated to an Island charity (TBD).
● Banquet dinner & closing ceremony at The Inn at Bay Fortune.
Our goal is to make Tuna Cup a 5-star event. We hope that this format can gain notoriety for this event, as well as take PEI tuna fisheries and our global presence in sport fishing circles to new heights. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you for your continued support. We are tremendously excited for what the future holds for the Tuna Cup Challenge.